What I want to avoid is having to create two different "MySQL database
connections" where I have to choose the "correct" one based on whether or
not my SQL method is using transactions or not.  I'll most likely only be
using one version of MySQL at a time, but if I'm using transactions at all,
there's a good chance not all of my tables will support them.

I guess we'll just have to do some testing.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.