One site I have seen uses javascript on the client side: you get a dialog
box that pops up on-click, tells you to only click once. Since the dialog
is modal, if you did click twice it (did whatever your platform does when
you have a modal dialog box up, eg beeps at you).

(yes, of course, it'd be nice to have a solution requiring javascript, but
I bet you that the people dumb enough to double click the submit button
are the people with javascript on... =)

Jim Hebert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          The cooperative market for open source software

"Well actually I was considering opening a market in flying pigs. Mostly
because it would be more practical...." -- Alan Cox