Sounds like you need to manipulate the expiry time for the objects. I'd
suggest that that can either be done in the RESPONSE or via meta tags in the
standard_html_header to mark the page and the image as non-cacheable.

I'm actually interested in a Guru's response on this as I will need to set
the expiry explicitly to save load on the server for content that is
dynamically generated but doesn't change often.

Marc