Hi,

Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Pieter Claerhout wrote:
> > I want the external method to return this in a list, where I can iterate over
>using the
> > <dtml-in> tag, so that I can reference the different fields in each record with a
>name.
> >
> > What should the list look like so that I can accomplish this?
>
>    dtml-in eats a list of objects or a list of dictionaries.
I usually use the following helper-class:

class generic_datarecord:
        " This class provides an overall mapping of value pairs "
        def __init__(self,**data):
                self.data=data
        def __len__(self):
                return(len(self.data.keys()))
        def __getitem__(self,key):
                return(self.data[key])
        def __getattr__(self,key):
                return self.__getitem__(key)
        def keys(self):
                return(self.data.keys())
        def values(self):
                return(self.data.values())

if you use generic_datarecord(column1=value1,coulumn2=value2) for each
row,
you can alterate over a list of such datarecord_objects with
<dtml-in> using <dtml-var column1> and <dtml-var column2>

HTH

Tino Wildenhain
PS: __len__() is optional, but for easy use in all circumstances
(e.g. <dtml-in> over a single datarecord)