------Original Message------
From: Marco Mariani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Firestar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: July 6, 2000 7:05:49 AM GMT
Subject: Re: [Zope] Is Zope slow?

>Apache and AOLserver with what? What would you program these

 Well, for Apache there's PHP or mod_perl, which do offer sessions, authentication(via
externally-written modules), database API, and quite fast too. Of course they do not
most of the 'unique' object-oriented features of Zope (as listed
on Zope website), and don't have the "manage-everything-thru-the-browser" feature (but
projects like midgard may be catching up?)

>Of course Zope is slow. But apache doesn't have a tenth of the
>functionality of Zope (on my system, ZServer is 1/20th of the
>total Zope code)

Well, i do appreciate the 'extra' features that Zope provides, but speed is still a
matter of concern here. Imagine showing my boss "what my website can do" and all those
advanced features, but it crawls like a snail...

Anyway, thanks for your reply. I will certainly pick up 'Zope':), but just wondering
whether it will replace what i have been using, i.e. PHP.

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com