Michael Gutmann wrote:

> This is not a question, I think it's more a request for comment.
>
> Problem: I have the following structure of folders. The top folder has
> the global standard_html_header and acquisition has it, that it
> is usable in all the subfolders.
>
> /
>   standard_html_header
>   SubFolder1/
>      SubFolder2/
>
> Now I have a small modification in my headers from SubFolder1 downwards.
> Well, there are many ways to cope with that problem, I want to do it
> that ways: I want to integrate the old standard_html_header into the
> new one I define in SubFolder1. Ok, that can look like this:

Not quite sure I understand what you are trying to do but....

in your root standard_html_header:
<dtml-if local_header>
  <dtml-var local_header>
</dtml-if>

And then put the additions in local_header.

Might get you what you want.

--
"Linux: the operating system with a CLUE...
Command Line User Environment".

seen in a posting on comp.software.testing