Jim Fulton wrote:
> > >   blah blah '(_.None,_,foo)' blah blah

> I'm not sure what the ';)' refers to, but single quotes are
> the correct way to indicate literal code in structured text.

Sorry, that'll teach me to answer email at 20 to midnight :(
I see the point now...

> > How about extending ! beyond just escaping WikiNames?
>
> I *really* **really** hate the ! wiki name escape.

Why?

> > ! escapes structured text if it directly precedes a formatting
> > character.
> > !! actually puts a ! if it does indeed need to proceed a formatting
> > character.
>
> I really don't like this.

Hmmm, I would write 'Why?' again, but I think that'd be flame-bating ;-)

I think there should be some form of escaping, ! seems the most compact
and unobtrusive ,or maybe ^ or some such...

Ideas welcomely recieved :-)

Chris