I don't think GUF works in its current release, or maybe the set-up
instructions are incomplete. I used it before and it was ok but I tried the
latest release and had the same problem as you. I reported it to GUF's
author but didn't get a reply.

I've reverted back to standard ACL folders for the moment.

Richard

At 12:04 08/07/00 -0300, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I'm trying the "HOWTO: GenericUserFolder Walkthrough" and, in the very
>last step (trying to login as 'jorge'), every time I press the 'Ok'
>button, I get the same login screen. Looking at the source of it, I see
>the message:
>
><!-- Traceback (innermost last): File
>/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in
>publish_module File
>/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in
>publish File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in
>zpublisher_exception_hook (Object: ElementWithAttributes) File
>/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 151, in
>publish File
>/usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/SiteAccess/ChangeBehaviors.py, line
>244, in traverse File
>/usr/share/zope/lib/python/Products/GenericUserFolder/GenericUserFolder.py,
>line 442, in guf_unauthorized (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
>LoginRequired: (see above) -->
>
>What is wrong? I'm using Zope 2.1.6 (patched to that security problem),
>on a Conectiva Linux box.
>
>TIA
>--
>CÚsar A. K. Grossmann