On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Jonathan Desp wrote:
> >
> > if you know the answer just email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] (my site
> > is almost ready at www.atomasoft.com , there are 2 pages to write + the
> > search engine to fix, is it possible for zope to use ->
> > http://www.htdig.org/  ?)
>
> I don't think HTDig can index Zope content because Zope content isn't
> available via the filesystem.

   htDig does not index files on filesystem; exactly other way around - it
index sites via HTTP/FTP. I've never tried it on Zope, and I DO expect
problems - Zope really had problems with robots 'cause Zope does not send
redirect on folderish objects (to force trailing slashes). But if all your
HREFs contain neccessary trailing slashes, I am pretty sure htDig will
happily index your site.

----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      [EMAIL PROTECTED]