Hi everyone,

I want to do something very simple: I have a ZClass propertysheet with an integer
property called "views"
Every time I load the page, I would like to increment this value by one, and write it
back to the propertysheet.
(Yep, a good old-fashioned access counter)

Sounds easy right?? Well, I can't seem to figure it out. Every time I get a little
farther with Zope, something "trivial" like this completely knocks me for a loop and
sends me hunting through piles of howto's for hours! argh...how hard can it be??

Got this from the help page (hopefully on the right track)...
manage_changeProperties(self, REQUEST=None, **kw):

However, there is no clear example of how to call without a REQUEST object. I want to
increment views, and then write it back to the property sheet. That's all. Do I need
to include the asterisks? Do I need to include the keyword "self?" It really doesn't
say. Everything I have seen on Zope.org, references the Web context with a REQUEST

Coming from the "Perl-CGI" world I can honestly say, Zope *feels* like it should be
easier to develop with, but this learning curve is immense!

Thanks for your patience,
Darin Lee (Zope Newbie Extraordinaire)

Darin M. Lee
Analyst / Web Administrator