At 9:38 am +0800 19/7/00, Bak @ kedai wrote:
>On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Tony McDonald wrote:
>>  Hi all,
>>  I think the time has come to bite the bullet and change our
>>  authentication engine to work in line with Zope 2.2 and above.
>>  UserDB-1.2 seems to have some problems with it (see my message
>>  today), a
>i use userdb with 2.2 and it worked great.  no problems at all.  maybe you
>could try it on a fresh zope install or try it on a copy of your zope

Thanks for the input Bak,
thing is the product works fine *if* you've already set things up via
the Properties tab in another Zope installation. By that, I mean it
does authentication very well. If you click the Properties tab
however, you get the traceback (if you're going to try it, please do
it on a copy of your installation - I'd hate to think I'd done damage
to someones DB!!).

Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2