At 12:43 pm +1200 19/7/00, Graham Chiu wrote:
>In article <v0422081ab59a36ddacad@[]>, Tony McDonald
>>Can anyone who's using an SQL based authentication system with Zope 2.2
>>successfully please let me know which one you used and how you did it?
>What are the requirements for such a beast?

Very simple really. I'd like to use the functionality of UserDB in
Zope 2.2. UserDB-1.2 (and 1.3) give me errors when I select the
Properties tab (used for the docLogin docLogout screens and SQL
methods). This means that USerDBs imported from Old Zopes work fine,
but creating new ones is a no-no.

I've looked at LoginManager, but can't get my head around it.
GUFolder was promising, but I couldn't get it to work.
I'm now looking at Shane Hathaways' DatabaseAPI which looks very
interesting, but I'll need to spend some time with it..

Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2