> Thanks for the input Bak,
> thing is the product works fine *if* you've already set things up via
> the Properties tab in another Zope installation. By that, I mean it
> does authentication very well. If you click the Properties tab
> however, you get the traceback (if you're going to try it, please do
> it on a copy of your installation - I'd hate to think I'd done damage
> to someones DB!!).

ok, i tried clicking the properties tab, and it returned the necessary page.
no tracebacks.  this on an upgraded install from 2.1.6 to 2.2.0

i also did a fresh install,  added a gadfly connection and created
the users table, and added UserDb.  i added a user, clicked the properties tab
and got the response expected.

i'm not sure whether i understood the real problem though