At 15:28 20.07.2000 +0000, Gregory Haley wrote:
>1. i am exploring using zope 2.2 on my local machine, the installation
>went fine, but now when i try to create anything from superuser, i get
>an error that says:
> Error Type: SuperCannotOwn
> Error Value: Objects cannot be owned by superuser
>what am i doing wrong here. (this of course runs completely
>counterintuitive from my unix experience, where superuser can do
>anything anywhere). i was folloing the steps outlined in the "A first
>zope site" How-to, and still did not get this to work.
Well, the rights associated with Superuser changed in 2.2. You now need to
have a dedicated login to create objects. Superuser should only be used as
a "last help" login. I don't even remember the password I have as a
Superuser on my server and will have to change it when I will require the
superuser login ;-)
Here is how to proceed.
- In the management interface, got to /acl_users
- Click on "add..."
- Enter the username, password, ... and give him at least the role "Manager"
- Restart your browser
- Log into your management screen as this newly created user
- Goto the / folder, select the "Ownership" tab
- Click on "Take ownership" (this step is not required)
You can now add, modify and delete objects.
PS: There seems to be a problem with your email address.
Zope maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -