I am currently experiencing a problem of which I am not sure it is
related to ZOpe directly. I have created a DTML method that creates an RSS
file for my.netscape.com, which seemed to work fine.
(my test version is currently at http://m945.afk.de/m/news.rss.dyn)

Now that we have some german umlauts in our headlines the my.netscape
validating parser (http://my.netscape.com/publish/help/validate.tmpl)
complains about non UTF-8 characters.

When I change the XML encoding type to ISO-8859-1 the problem still persists.
I suspect that Zope silently sets the encoding type to something different.
My DTML method looks like this:

<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', 'text/rdf')">
<!DOCTYPE rss PUBLIC "-//Netscape Communications//DTD RSS 0.91//EN"
<rss version="0.91">

when I try to change the dtml-call to set the charset to ISO-8859-1 Zope
Any ideas on how to solve this problem?