Roger,

This is probably a bug., and unforunately I don't know the solution...
but before you drive yourself totally nuts, it's probably a good idea to
submit the text of your below email to the Collector
(http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector) with the bodies of the SQL and
DTML methods that are causing you the problems.

It's possible that someone else will come up with a solution for you in
the meantime, but putting it in the Collector ensures that it'll get
looked at by someone at DC...

Tks,

Chris

LinuxFreedom wrote:
> 
> Hello Everyone:
> 
> I have run into a problem which I think is probably a bug, but I can't be
> sure--since I'm relatively new to Zope.
> 
> As part of the GenericUserFolder installation, it is necessary to run
> certain DTML methods which access Z Sql Methods.  However, for some reason
> whenever I try to execute a DTML method in this way, Zope returns the error:
> "Resource not found".
> 
> The givens of my case are as follows:  I am running Zope 2.2 on Windows 98.
> I am using MySQL 3.22.34.  I installed ZMySQLDA using the Zope How-To:
> ZMySQLDA on Win32 (http://www.zope.org/Members/philh/mysql?pp=1 ).  I am
> running Zope on port 8080.  The Z MySQL Database Connection uses the
> localhost in the Database Connection String, with no reference to port 8080.
> 
> In order to isolate the problem, I have experimented with simply trying to
> access a Z Sql Method from a DTML method, outside of the GenericUserFolder
> context (such as in the root folder, as well as in a separate test folder).
> So, I simply create a Z Sql Method called "testSQL", and I execute it to
> make sure it works, which it does.
> 
> Then, I create a DTML Method, with the single line: <dtml-return
> "testSQL()">.  And it does not work.  Nor does, <dtml-var "testSQL()">.  I
> have also tried changing the syntax, e.g., no quotations, no parenthesis,
> etc., all to no avail.
> 
> I had thought that this might be a permissions problem, so I turned on all
> of the permissions for both methods; as well as assigning proxy roles, etc.,
> but still, nothing.
> 
> I have also experimented with the following, all to no avail:  trying this
> on the Zope version that was released before 2.2; using different versions
> of the libmySQL.dll ; and installing the RDB.py patch.
> 
> I also looked in the usual suspects (low on hard drive space, memory, etc.).
> 
> The Zope Error reads:
> 
> Resource not found
> 
> Sorry, the requested Zope resource does not exist.
> 
> The Traceback reads:
> 
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File C:\Program Files\ZOPE2.2\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 222,
> in publish_module
>   File C:\Program Files\ZOPE2.2\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187,
> in publish
>   File C:\Program Files\ZOPE2.2\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 221, in
> zpublisher_exception_hook
>     (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
>   File C:\Program Files\ZOPE2.2\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 173,
> in publish
>   File C:\Program Files\ZOPE2.2\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py, line
> 308, in setBody
>   File C:\Program Files\ZOPE2.2\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py, line
> 523, in notFoundError
> NotFound: (see above)
> 
> Am I missing something obvious?  Could this have something to do with Zope
> being set to port 8080?
> 
> At this point, I am probably going to use UserDB, in order to avoid this
> command; but I thought this should be announced here.
> 
> Regards,
> Roger Antao
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Zope maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope
> **   No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
> (Related lists -
>  http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce
>  http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )

_______________________________________________
Zope maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope
**   No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
(Related lists - 
 http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce
 http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )

Reply via email to