Hi,

I had a lot of problems to get the ZCatalog search work for
international characters like german Umlauts ( etc.)
I have read all the tips about setting the locale and so on,
but nothing worked.

Now I found a solution:

I've added this line at the top of lib/python/SearchIndex/Splitter.c

#define __XPG4_CHAR_CLASS__

just before the include of ctype.h. Then I recompiled Splitter.c (simply
said make in the lib/python/SearchIndex directory) which recreates the
shared library Splitter.so

The define changes the behavior of utility functions like isalpha so
that they work for the current local set.

Before I restarted Zope I had set the current local with:

setenv LANG de_DE.ISO8859-1
setenv LC_COLLATE de_DE.ISO8859-1
setenv LC_CTYPE de_DE.ISO8859-1
setenv LC_MESSAGES de_DE.ISO8859-1
setenv LC_MONETARY de_DE.ISO8859-1
setenv LC_NUMERIC de_DE.ISO8859-1
setenv LC_TIME de_DE.ISO8859-1
setenv LC_ALL de_DE.ISO8859-1

Then I restarted Zope and reindexed the ZCatalog and now I can find
words with german Umlauts :-)

I'm working on a Sun Sparc with Solaris 8 using gcc.

Hope this tip helps

Holger



_______________________________________________
Zope maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope
**   No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
(Related lists - 
 http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce
 http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )

Reply via email to