hi,

not really a zope-problem, but maybe someone can help me:

I have posted a few days ago that I have problems with my zope dying
suddenly.

Someone suggested to use D. Bernsteins daemon-tools, not as a solution to my
problem, but helpful anyway. I made this tool working on my production
system, but there's one problem with it: as long as I start it by hand with
the command
  svscan /service &
everything works fine.

But when I start it automatically at boot time (through an entry in
rc.local) then Zope starts up as I wanted it to do, it gets monitored and
restarted again in case of a sudden death, but my DCOracle Database
Connection tells me "not connected" and when I try to open it, Zope dies.

I have trouble connecting to Oracle since month now, it never works as I
expect. Is there anybody out there having no problems with Zope and Oracle
databases? I'd really like to know that.

Yours,

Andy Pahne
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

net22 GmbH