To start you might want to look at some benchmarking I did between Zope and
Tomcat

http://www.zope.org/Members/BwanaZulia/zope_benchmarks/tomcat1.html (1 of 4
rounds)

To answer your question though, since Zope can sit behind Apache (cgi based,
proxy pass, etc) and Tomcat can sit behind Apache (writes its own config
file NOTE TO DC THIS IS REALLY NICE!) you should be able to mix and match.
Tomcat will not server Zope and Zope will not serve Tomcat but you could get
them to talk to the same databases and serve off the same instance of
Apache.

Good luck.