I am slowly getting the hang of Zope, but am confused about
something.

Either I don't understand how acquisition works, or there is
something special about how index_html is treated.

I had a folder with a index_html that had something like:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-var content>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

Then in the top level folder, I had a "content" object that
I filled in with text.

In a subfolder, I created a content object, but it didn't seem to
override the upper layer one unless I copied down a copy of
index_html.

I would have thought it would have gone up a layer for index_html,

but then would have discovered content at the lower layer.

It seems this would be very powerful, but I am guessing there is a

good reason.  I wondered why standard_html_header and
standard_html_footer seemed to be used everywhere, but I am
starting to see, I think why.

Is it possible to have just one top level object that refers to
other objects that get overridden as you go into other folders?