My site has a number of DTML Document objects which simply redirect the user
to another site. These are all created automatically as clones of each
other. The text of the document is simply
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect(dest)">
and dest is a property automatically set on creation.

I need to provide a simple form to allow users to edit the value of this
property, so I have to retrieve the current value of the property. However,
whenever I try to get hold of this with anything like <dtml-var
"_[objId].getProperty(dest)"> (objId is the id of the document) it simply
redirects the user immediately to the site named by dest. How do I just get
the property value as a string?