Several times, I reported to the list about memory corruption problems

        Zope 2.1.6
        ZOracleDA 2.1.0
        DCOracle (as of August 1999)
        Oracle 8.1.6
        Sparc Solaris 2.7

This issue is finally resolved:

  The memory corruption occurs inside the Oracle 8 Client Library
  call OCILogoff.

   * OCILogoff is only called, if DCOracle is compiled with

   * -DORACLE8 is only needed for Oracle 8 LOB support

   * the DCOracle LOB support does not work for Oracle 8.1 anyway

  we could simple recompile DCOracle without -DORACLE8
  to get rid of the problem.

As Matt (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) reported, the problem is
also avoided with a newer DCOracle version (1.3.1b1).