> Hallo,
> what's the minimum of hardware to develop Zope-sites(only for
> development).
> I'd like to know because I want to buy a laptop and don't want to spend
> much money !
> Thanks.

I use an old toshiba 325 cds (cd broken) (460 bogomips) w/ 48Mb of ram
running Linux as both my desktop and portable machine for all sorts of
development (Including Zope).  Works fine as a desktop machine.  Kind
of a pain to plug/unplug the cables all the time.  I can run a couple
of zopes, pgsql, heck I even had Oracle on it for a while.  You might
need a bit more oomph for java development.

The problem with the laptop is probably not the CPU/ram (well, get
64MB ram if you can) but the screen resolution and the pointer.  Zope
at 600x800 is tight.  The little eraser-head pointer is a pain, and
Zope development tends to need a lot of mouse action.  I usually carry
along a mouse.  Even on the desktop (i.e with a monitor and keyboard
plugged in) I am limited to 1024x768 8-bit color with a bad refresh

-- cary