I have a rather simple setup. And all I want to do is to show some news content, but
with the way I'm doing it, the HTML is not parsed.

/root
index_html
view_each_news_html
    /news
    news_001 (MS ruined!)                # a DTML Document
    news_002 (Peter on killin spree)     # a DTML Document
    ...                                                    # lots of DTML Documents

Index_html lists all available news and that works fine. All I do is that I list the
documents' title together with their bobobase_modification_time.

Each news item is linked as <a href="/news_folder/view_each_news_html?newsID=<dtml-var
id>"><dtml-var title></a>

In view_each_news_html:

    I first tried this:
    <dtml-var "_.getitem(newsID)">
    But it didn't parse the HTML in it.

    Static view works. For example changing:
    <dtml-var "_.getitem(newsID)"> to <dtml-var news_002>

    I have tried both:
    <dtml-with news>
        <dtml-var "_.getitem(newsID)">
    </dtml-with>
    And...
    <dtml-with "_.getitem(newsID">
        <dtml-var "_.getitem(newsID)">
    </dtml-with>

    But none worked.
    Question is, how do I render with the getitem() function? so that HTML is HTML and
not just text (html_quote)??

Grateful, Peter