A lot of the time I end up going into a document/folder/method just so I can
click on the 'view' tab popping up a new window so I can see it (option
click / right click).

It would be very nice if DC could add a icon (or take over the existing
icon) to pop a new window with the object ( a target="top" href="object"  )
so you could view the object without having to edit it. This would save
about 2 steps for something that, personally, I do all the time. The link to
the object would still be for editing it.

Just a thought.