in general, when a thread attempts to do anything with zope it needs to
get hold of a ZODB connection so it can read or otherwise manipulate
objects in the ZODB. this is why the number of application threads
should be smaller than the number of ZODB connections. tweaking these
numbers is possible, but mileage may vary depending on your specific
site and usage.
-------
as noted by chris M, if i were to bump up the zodn connection pool, it
better be more than the app thread, right?

so, in my previous case, i increased the app threads to be more than the
zodb connection pool.  what does this entail?  i'm not too sure.  i intend
to increase the app thread number and the connection pool number, to see
whether these increase will have any effeect on my currently loaded site.

one tiny question, what will all these do to my rdb connection.  my DA is
not thread safe, me think. (ZPYgreSql)

jens

thanks
----

Jens Vagelpohl          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Software Engineer             www.digicool.com
Digital Creations       (888) 344-4332

Got Zope?

----