We want to (mis)use zope as an application server servicing a proprietary non-http protocol
for transmitting compressed data.
Our idea is a specially written client that connects on a proprietary port to zope where
a special product is listening and serving the request.
Our question:
How can I implement a product listening on a specific port and servicing requests and sending back binary (in our case compressed) data.
But the product should of course be able to use the infrastructure of Zope (ODB,External methods,ZSQL methods...)
Another question is how does the authentification work for such a non-http connection.
Any hints?
Thanks in advance
Philipp Auersperg