I'm having trouble configuring ProxyPass on my ISP's server. I tried to
follow the instructions in the appropriate HOW-TO's without a success. I
think they all assume that the user would have root access. I don't. I have
built ZOPE in my user directory.
Anyway ProxyPass takes two arguments, a virtual path and a URL. In my case
is the virtual path a local path to my user directory or zope install
directory ?

So if:
user directory is located @ /home/virtuals/myaccount/
and zope installation @ /home/virtuals/myaccount/zope
my web site is @ www.mydomaine.com.au
the server is demon.server.com.au
and sub directory in ZOPE with my web site is 'okstudio' (I've used
SiteAccess for this)
then is this correct?

<VirtualHost 123.45.678.9>
ServerName www.mydomaine.com.au
ProxyPass /home/virtuals/myaccount/ http://demon.server.com.au:8080/okstudio
ProxyPassReverse /home/virtuals/myaccount/
http://demon.server.com.au:8080/okstudio
</VirtualHost>

or maybe:

<VirtualHost 123.45.678.9>
ServerName www.mydomaine.com.au
ProxyPass /home/virtuals/myaccount/zope
http://demon.server.com.au:8080/okstudio
ProxyPassReverse /home/virtuals/myaccount/zope
http://demon.server.com.au:8080/okstudio
</VirtualHost>

originally when using stuff copied from the HOW-TO I used:

<VirtualHost 123.45.678.9>
ServerName www.mydomaine.com.au
ProxyPass / http://demon.server.com.au:8080/okstudio
ProxyPassReverse / http://demon.server.com.au:8080/okstudio
</VirtualHost>

The result was this error message in my browser:

>Proxy Error
>The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
>The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.

>Reason: Could not connect to remote machine: Connection refused

Regards,

George
OK Studio
[EMAIL PROTECTED]