At 4:12 pm +0100 17/8/00, Stephen Harrison wrote:
>I've been trying out mysqlUserFolder lately, but have had quite a major
>problem with it.
>Basically, everything works fine - for a while - then it starts to
>intermittently fail as the load to the server increases, until it is
>completley broken, with the system error below.
>Has anyone else come across this, or is it just me?

I'd suggest using UserDB. It's been pretty good for us. I looked at
mysqlUserFolder (seemed overly complex), GUF (couldn't get it to
work) and even LoginManager (too much Zen needed) and came back to

Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5116
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2