I am pretty sure (61%) that in the original release of 2.2.0 there was
something about a speed increase. One talked about on single processor
(20-40%) and the other was dual processor (60-80%). It partly has to do with
that "one line of magic code" in the z2.py.

Ethan? Paul? DC? Care to shed some light?