Hi Zope Fans,

Has anyone seen a case where acquisition works, but only
in the topmost folder? The site I'm working on shows no
problem on a test server, but upon moving to a
production server any URL pointing to a subfolder, or a
document contained in a subfolder returns an error
(below).

The production server is Red Hat linux, Zope 2.1.6

A Proxy (running on a separate server) re-directs URLS
to the top folder of the Zope tree, just below "root".
The oddest part is that elements available in the "root"
(standard_html_header, and other elements called within)
show up on the same "page" as the error message.

It's as if Zope is working partially, but after displaying
all the elements at the top of the tree, the silly
document can't find itself . . .

BTW, the raw URL (as seen in REQUEST) contains lot's of
cookie garbage which may be causing the problem. I have
added something like

        <base href="&dtml-relative_path;">

as suggested in some "How-Tos" at Zope.org. This got me to
the point of having the top folder render correctly, which
was better than I had seen up to that point. Alas, that's
where progress stopped altogether.

On the test server everything "just worked", the way you
sort of get used to with Zope . . .

The worst part is that some of the errors I'm seeing spill
the guts of the cookie all over the browser screen.

BTW, what does it take to get standard_error_message to
actually do what the dtml implies, to substitute the
contents of an error_message object, where it exists?

Thanks,
Jerry S.

(here's that error message)

Resource not found

Sorry, the requested Zope resource does not exist.
Check the URL and try again.

----

Troubleshooting Suggestions

The URL may be incorrect.
The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.
For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HTML
source for this page.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your
patience.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /l01/Zope-2.1.6-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
214, in publish_module
  File /l01/Zope-2.1.6-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
179, in publish
  File /l01/Zope-2.1.6-linux2-x86/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
  File /l01/Zope-2.1.6-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
151, in publish
  File /l01/Zope-2.1.6-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py, line
308, in traverse
  File /l01/Zope-2.1.6-linux2-x86/lib/python/OFS/Application.py, line 249,
in __bobo_traverse__
    (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
  File /l01/Zope-2.1.6-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py,
line 511, in notFoundError
NotFound: (see above)