-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Phil Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: vrijdag 18 augustus 2000 14:44
Subject: [Zope] Workaround and a tree and dtml-in problem

>Phil Harris wrote:
>> Why isn't _ available in the tree tag?
>>

>The workaround is to wrap it in a
><dtml-let posting = "_.getitem('sequence-item',0)">
>
>But now I'm confused.
>
>Surely
>
>  <dtml-in postingValues>
>    <dtml-let posting="_.getitem('sequence-item',0)">
>    <dtml-tree posting branches="postingValues">
>      <dtml-var id><BR>
>    </dtml-tree>
>    </dtml-let>
>  </dtml-in>
>
>should produce the same results as:
>
><dtml-tree branches="postingValues">
>  <dtml-var id><BR>
></dtml-tree>
>
>It doesn't :(

A guess (I never quite understood this either) Isn't the difference :
- first example the 'postingValues' in the context of your 'posting' object
and
- the second the 'postingValues' in the context of the default objectlist  -
presumably objectValues

>Why am I doing this you may ask? Well, I want to do batching at the top
>level and, AFAIK, dtml-in doesn't support this :(
>
>any ideas?

if so, you might want to wrap the postingValues as well in a
<dtml-let postings="postingValues">

just guessing

Rik