Maik Roeder wrote:
> It always got on my nerves that I needed to change the column
> size of the DTML Method and DTML Document Edit Forms
> manually by pressing "Wider" and "Narrower".
> Instead of patching the Zope source code, I found the following
> a good approach:
> Define a property in your root folder:
> id: dtpref_cols
> type: int
> value: 80
> The magic of acquisition does all the rest ;-)

Or how about this (from Evan Simpson):

In OFS/documentEdit.dtml change the line that reads:

        <TEXTAREA NAME="data:text" WRAP="Off"

        <TEXTAREA NAME="data:text" WRAP="Off" STYLE="width: 100%"

This should make the edit box expand automatically to the full width in
browsers that support this property, including IE 5.x and Mozilla but
not Netscape 4.x.