I've created a BasicMethod which is derived from the DTMLMethod.
everything works great until I try to have the sub class's
(BasicMethod)  __call__ method call the super class's (DTMLMethod)
__call__ method.

class BasicMethod(DTMLMethod):
    """BasicMethod objects are DocumentTemplate.HTML objects that act
       as methods whose 'self' is the BasicMethod itself."""

    meta_type='Basic Method'

    def __call__(self, client=None, REQUEST={}, RESPONSE=None, **kw):
        print 'Sub Class __call__'
        DTMLMethod.__call__(self, client, REQUEST, RESPONSE, kw)

Globals.default__class_init__(BasicMethod)

when I view the BasicMethod in Zope, I get:
Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: too many arguments; expected 4, got 5

I believe that I need the self arg, if I remove it I get an unbound
python method error.

Any thoughts???

DR