This is not right, obviously.  Can you rebuild your indexes (by deleting
and reentering them), recatalog, and see if the problem goes away?  We
haven't had any colluding reports of something like this, and I'm using
the 2.2.1 catalog with textindexes successfully on a customer project.  

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Terry Kerr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 3:27 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [Zope] ZCatalog in 2.2.x
> 
> 
> I am not searching from a form in that sense...I am talking 
> about at the python
> level.
> 
> I have self.searchResults({'description':'blah'})  where 
> description is meta
> data in the catalog and a textindex and 'blah' is in the 
> Vocabulary.  This
> previously worked in zope2.1.6.  Now in 2.2.0 and 2.2.1 it 
> doesn't work.  The
> only thing way I can get searchResults() to return a non 
> empty list is to search
> using a Field index and a valid string to match with.
> 
> 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> 
> > Terry Kerr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a python product which uses a ZCatalog and CatalogAware
> > > products.  The catalog has a number of Field and 
> TextIndex indexes.
> > > Search the ZCatalog has worked fine when my product is 
> instantiated in
> > > 2.1.6.  But now when I instantiate my product in 2.2.0 or 2.2.1,
> > > searching only works when I search using a field index.  
> Searching using
> > > a textindex always results in an empty result, even tho I 
> can see the
> > > words I am searching for in the Vocabulary!  Any 
> suggestions?  I have
> > > tried reindexing, completey recreating the Zcatalog, 
> recreating the
> > > Vobulary and reindexing, and nothing has changed the 
> behaviour.  Are
> > > textindexes simply broken?
> > >
> > >
> > > ZCatalog seems very volatile to me!  Every time I have 
> upgraded way back
> > > from zope2.1.3, something in zcatalog has changed and 
> boken my product.
> > > So far I have managed to find fixes, but this one has got 
> me baffled!!
> > >
> >
> > My experience has been that if field indexes are 
> unspecified, the catalog
> > will only match where those fields are empty.  In other 
> words, by not
> > specifing anything for the field indexes, you are actually 
> specifying that
> > for a match, they need to be empty.
> > To get around this, I put another method between the form 
> for entering what
> > you wish to search for, and the method that actually 
> searches the form.  This
> > method looks at the field indexes, and if nothing has been 
> specified, it
> > doesn't pass them on to the method that does the actual search.
> > An alternative to this, is to use names for the field 
> indexes that aren't in
> > the catalog index, and then at the start of the search 
> method, check those
> > names, and if they have a value associated with them, add 
> to REQUEST what the
> > names in the index are with the appropriate values.
> >
> > There may be a better way, I'm still pretty new to Zope and 
> DTML sort of
> > stuff.
> >
> > Peter Armstrong
> 
> --
> Terry Kerr ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> Adroit Internet Solutions Pty Ltd (www.adroit.net)
> Phone:   +613 9563 4461
> Fax:     +613 9563 3856
> Mobile:  +61 414 938 124
> ICQ:     79303381
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Zope maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope
> **   No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
> (Related lists - 
>  http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce
>  http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )
> 

_______________________________________________
Zope maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope
**   No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
(Related lists - 
 http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce
 http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )

Reply via email to