Tim Hicks writes:
 > OK, I have a standard_html_header for my site that uses the following
 > <dtml-with "PARENTS[0]">
 >  <title><dtml-var head_title></title>
 > <snipped rest of document>
 > <dtml-var id>
 > </dtml-with>
 > In this way, the properties of the ZClass (into which the
 > standard_html_header is placed) are used ...
 > .... however, <dtml-var id> results in the id of the parent
 > folder of standard_html_header being inserted ...
I am lacking essential information to understand your setup:

 * at one place, you say that "standard_html_header" is
   in a ZClass

 * at another place, you say, it is placed in a folder.

Thus, what is the (exact) relationship between the
ZClass (more precisely, the respective ZInstance),
the folder and the "standard_html_header".

Furthermore, to understand "PARENT", you must consider
the URL that let to your object.
If this URL went through the folder immediately before
hitting "standard_html_header" (or probably another
object that uses "standard_html_header") then
PARENT[0] is *this* folder and therefore,
anything defined by it takes preceedance over
things that come from the ZClass.