Hi George !

Please check what Chris wrote too but I can answer this:

> Security in ZOPE is very puzzling. If I have certain rules set for the
> root folder, can I set something different for the sub folders?

It's as simple as having a separate Acl_users in those folders that
you need to have different security for. Say your site is:

/ (root)

...and you want a common security model except for subdept2. So
you tweak the acl_users in the / (root) as you want and *only in subdept2*
you create another acl_users and tweak that as well.

Hope this helps,