On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hi there,
> What I want is an acl_users equivalent that has an SQL database backend.
> I want an easy to understand, easy to install solution for this that
> has some kind of future in Zope land. Currently I'm deploying 2.1 but
> that should change into 2.2 eventually.
> UserDb isn't developed anymore. Besides, it might not work for 2.2.
> (does it?)

i'm using userdb on 2.2.0 and it has been smooth sailing.   setup is easy.
but there are several drawbacks:
-password is not encrypted.
-it's not maintained - probably means that it's stable. until a new version
of zope changes this, of course.

i've tried GUF, but decided to stick with UserDB until i really have to
change.  login manager, i havenot tried yet

note:  userdb are not installed on a fresh zope2.2.0, but upgraded from
2.1.6.  but i do remember installing on a fresh zope2.2.0 and encountered no