>I found it very disturbing having to get my .zexp exports
>into the subdirectory 'import' of the server and then using
>the management-interface to do the actual import.

I found it inconvenient, too. (Not disturbing, though.) And I had to
implement my own uploading scheme via web. But as anything that is put into
the file system, I thought that there must be some security reason. At least
I know that's why the Extensions folder is there.

Is this (existence of import folder) really a shortcoming of Zope, or is
there some security reason why .zexp cannot be uploaded directly from
browser? Can someone somehow write a destructive external method, and then
upload it via .zexp?

Hung Jung