HI Steve,

I've been running Zope-2.2 on my powerbook under MacOSX DP4 quite
happily.  My only problem now is lack of MySQL ;-). I don't think
there's much hope of Zope on MacOS 8/9 due to the lack of proper
thread support. I did manage to get Medusa/Bobo working on MacOS-8, a
*long* time ago... but that was before threading was added ... and it
was horribly slow.  There should be a public beta of MacOS-X out soon..
and it runs Zope just fine. (There is some monkey business with gcc
command link options that are different from the defaults
(e.g., '-LDFLAGS=undefined-suppress') to make the linker
happy... take a look at:

http://www.zope.org/Members/jshell/buildingZopeOnMacOSXServer

)

Good Luck!