On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 04:44:24PM +0300, Kimmo Kansanen wrote:
> I just installed the latest Zope available for Debian (2.2.1) on Potato.
> However, after logging in as superuser and creating the manager account,
> I cannot log in with that account. The logs produced (that I found) only
> indicate the ZServer getting the http request, but nothing on the
> authentication failure.

There are generally two things that could have gone wrong here:

- You didn't specify the Manager Role for the User. The list of Roles on
  the User manage page is _not_ the assigned list, but the possible list
  of Roles. Select the Manager Role from that list (the Role name will
  show in a contrasting colour).

- You filled something in the domains field, but you don't log in from a
  machine that matches any of the domain masks you specified or you used
  the wrong format. Leave empty the first time.

Let us know if you have any more problems.

--
Martijn Pieters