On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 04:44:24PM +0300, Kimmo Kansanen wrote:
> I just installed the latest Zope available for Debian (2.2.1) on Potato.
> However, after logging in as superuser and creating the manager account,
> I cannot log in with that account. The logs produced (that I found) only
> indicate the ZServer getting the http request, but nothing on the
> authentication failure.

There are generally two things that could have gone wrong here:

- You didn't specify the Manager Role for the User. The list of Roles on
  the User manage page is _not_ the assigned list, but the possible list
  of Roles. Select the Manager Role from that list (the Role name will
  show in a contrasting colour).

- You filled something in the domains field, but you don't log in from a
  machine that matches any of the domain masks you specified or you used
  the wrong format. Leave empty the first time.

Let us know if you have any more problems.

Martijn Pieters