More news, and this looks bad, though I'm happy to have a work-around

The ReportForm doc was owned by a user in LoginManager (has roles
manager, etc)

I was able to Take Ownership as a user in the root acl_users (user
folder) and I no longer get the NameError.

So .. there's something wrong in that it appears that DTML Documents
owned by a LoginManager object don't seem to completely acquire
objects from above.. However I'd expect an attributeError, not a
NameError, so some of the acquisition machinery works, but something
is broken.

Does anyone from DC or ZPatterns folks want to play with my site to
figure this out?

Brad Clements,                [EMAIL PROTECTED]   (315)268-1000                          (315)268-9812 Fax
netmeeting: ils://               AOL-IM: BKClements