Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> LICENSE
>    GPL

I've seen several Zope products using the GPL. In my not so
humble opinion, this could develop into a serious problem
for Zope deployment. I'm not a lawyer (nor do I play one on TV),
but the use of GPL'ed source code like e.g. Renderable ZClass
in your web site probably means that you're now forced to publish
every single bit of source built using the GPL'ed module --
including commercial intranet projects. This can be impossible
if you don't own the rights to every single piece of code used
in a project.

I hope Zope product developers think twice about using the GPL.
The GPL license is not about sharing like e.g. the BSD license,
it's about enforcing the political agenda of people who think
that commercial ("proprietary") software w/o source code is evil.

Cheers,
Nils
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]