From: Stuart Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> The first example is what I was doing. But felt it was hard to follow.
> However I would be interested in why it would be considered more robust.

I probably misused the word; what I meant was that the <dtml-let> form is
less likely to have errors like forgetting the first two "magic" parameters
or writing "sequence-item" instead of "_['sequence-item']", and can take
advantage of current <dtml-let> features such as cascading assignment
(foo=1, bar=foo+1, etc) and future ones such as extended-attribute syntax
(foo-name-name="x" instead of foo="_[_[x]]").

I have considered proposing that we graft <dtml-let>'s capabilities onto the
other tags, so that we could write stuff like:

<dtml-var set-foo="getFoo()" var=foo set-param1=" 'text' " set-param2="id">

...or...

<dtml-in in="seq" set-seqKey=sequence-key set-letter="seqKey[0]">
   &dtml-letter;
</dtml-in>

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool & 4-am