On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Nils Kassube wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Oleg Broytmann) wrote:
>
> >    No, you are not forced to publish anything. GPL "virus" applied only if
> > you want to *distribute* combined (your code + my GPL'd code).
>
> Like in "distributing to clients"? So that I have to publish
> source code to the whole world (not only clients) then?

   I am not a lawyer, and certainly not authorized to interpret the
License.

   But as one of the people who respect your freedom, I will do all my best
to protect your freedom (in the way that do not limit my freedom). You are
free to use my code, to read it and patch it, to send me your patches or to
fork the code. AND FINALLY YOUR ARE FREE TO *ignore* MY CODE!

   But please, please! If you respect my freedom - do not ask me to change
the license. I love GPL and found it pretty suitable for my needs.

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            [EMAIL PROTECTED]