Steve Alexander writes:
 > I get an error when I try to add a DTML Method with REQUEST anywhere in
 > the id.
 > Actually,  the method gets added, but I cannot edit it.
 > I haven't found out why yet.
The bad code is in "ZPublisher.BaseRequest.traverse":

        # Make sure that REQUEST cannot be traversed.
        if find(path, 'REQUEST') >= 0:
            return response.notFoundError(path)

While the comment indicates that "REQUEST" should not be traversed
(probably a good thing to avoid complete confusion inside DTML),
the code is a bit generous to ensure this as it forbids
"REQUEST" to occur anywhere in the path.

Almost surely a case for the Collector.