>       Hello,
>
>I've been tryhing hard for the last two weeks to use
>zope but I can't seem to get it to go past the /manage
>resource.

Ouch! - you'll like it once you get started.

I'm running zserver, I tried the default
>password, changing it with zpasswd, removing domain
>restrictions, everything, but it still gives me
>authentication failed.  Please help me.  I'm going
>insane here.
>
>Thanks for your time =)

Try this;
Edit 'access' with a simple text editor, delete the entire line.
Replace the entire line with
superuser:123
then (assuming unix - my only domain knowledge wrt Zope)
% ./stop
% ./start

See if you can login now - the {SHA} stuff isn't there anymore (might be

getting in the way - although I can't figure out why that might be the case).

Are you connecting to the right server? (assumes you're running multiple

servers, possibly on multiple ports).

You're not frontending ZServer with Apache are you? (to get authentication in

this instance means you need to use ReWrite rules in Apache).

If the answer to all these questions is "yes, yes, of course I am" then I'm

baffled. Sorry.

HTH
Tone