I made an effort to look through the FAQs on zope.org and couldn't find a
definitive answer, though the ZODB faq hinted that my fears are warranted.

If I deploy a site and store content in the ZODB, what are my options in terms
of automatically getting it out of there and into another DB or format later

I just installed Zope tonight and have been going through the exercises in the
O'rielly chapters on the website. It's _really_ impressive, and I'm
considering using it and learning some Python instead of the homebrewed
PHP/MySQL Content Management App I've been working on, but without a good exit
strategy should I want to migrate away from Zope later, I'm hesitant. Can I
get an authoritative answer?

-Justin Knoll