At 22:14 19.09.00, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>marwin98 writes:
>  > 2000-09-19T13:41:29 INFO(0) Z2 CONFLICT Competing writes at,
> /em/nav/aiti2.gif
>  > Traceback (innermost last):
>  >    File /var/zope222/lib/python/ZPublisher/, line 175, in
> publish
>  >    File /var/zope222/lib/python/Zope/, line 235, in commit
>  >    File /var/zope222/lib/python/ZODB/, line 251, in commit
>  >    File /var/zope222/lib/python/ZODB/, line 267, in commit
>  > ConflictError: "
>Apparently, you have two clients that want to change "/em/nav/aiti2.gif"
>at the same time.

This is not the case, since I was the only one who had access to the
server. I just used "CuteFTP", an FTP-client for windows, that does
multiple connections when up/downloading more than one file. Somehow the
FTP server must have misunderstood this. Maybe a port-problem? I am quite
sure that it's the error on the FTP server side. One additional info that
could be helpful: my requests came from behind a firewall, so all of them
were from the same IP address in passive mode.

I hope that the programmer(s) of the FTP server read this and I'd be glad
to offer any help I can to solve this problem (but not with python, since I
do not know this language - yet)

PS: even _if_ I would try to change a file from two connections at the same
time, the server should block the second request until the first is ready,
isn't it?