Philipp> Did anybody play with XML compressors for Zope or at least have
    Philipp> a hint how to do that?

I use a slightly modified version of Fredrik Lundh's module
that will often use zlib compression to compress responses.  Running over a
wide area network such as the Internet I've seen speedups of as much as
5-to-1.  Instructions and my current version of are available
from my Python Bits page:

I believe it is a drop-in replacement for Zope's version, though note that
my code has other mods as well (in particular, it specifies the encoding as
Latin-1 for all requests and responses).  You should compare it with the
versions distributed with Zope or by PythonWare to decide what changes you
want to incorporate in your own system.

Skip Montanaro ([EMAIL PROTECTED])